Duration: 40 min
(prep time 20 min - cooking time 35 min)
- Put a frying pan (wok) or casserole on medium-high heat. Melt the coconut oil and fry the onions for 4 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, eggplant and the red pepper and fry, while stirring frequently, for 8 minutes.
- Bring to a boil: around ½ liter of water for the vegetable broth and a pot with water for the quinoa, following instructions on package.
- Add to the frying pan: the curry paste, Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start, vegetable stock, lemon leaves and the lemon grass and stir so everything get’s well mixed together. Bring to a boil and lower heat. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft. Add some water if the curry get’s too thick.
- Just 5 minutes before serving add the green beans to the curry, while stirring now and then. If the curry got a bit too thick just add some more water for the right fluidity.
- In the meantime: prep all the other ingredients and get your tableware ready for serving this super healthy and hearth-warming curry.
- Divide the quinoa and the curry onto the plates. Dress with some coriander leaves and sprinkle the juice of the lime part on top.
* please note: the lime leaves and lemon grass can be eaten but might be a bit tough to handle for your mouth. You might want to fish them out before serving!