prep time 20 minutes | frying time 15 minutes | Total time 35 minutes
- Grate the sweet potatoes in the food processor, with a grating attachment. Add the grated potatoes, onion, salt, paprika powder and the olive oil to a mixing bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Then add the chickpea flour and stir again until everything is well and evenly mixed.
- Put a frying pan on low-medium heat, to preheat. Or use two frying pans if you want to speed it up!
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and use your hands to form a ball and flatten slightly into a pattie shape. Continue with the rest of the mixture and place the fritters on a big plate.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to the frying pan and gently place the (first batch of) fritters into the frying pan. Let them fry for around 15 minutes, gently flipping them after about 10 minutes. Remove when they’re golden and crispy, set them on a paper towel or napkin to soak up excess oil and serve hot!
- In the meantime: mix the Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start with the mint, chervil, 1 squeezed lime part in a bowl. Season to taste with some black pepper and salt.
- Roast the pistachio nuts in a dry frying pan on low-medium heat.
- Put the sweet potato fritters on a plate and combine with arugula, sliced avocado & sesame seeds and top of with the Coco Start dressing, pistachio nuts and a part of lime.