Vegan Mango tartlets
Tropical tartlets for any occasion. Easy to make, easy to impress.
1. Preheat the oven to 185ºC. Line the cake tin with a baking parchment sheet.
2. Take a medium sized bowl and mix together: the Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start Natural, the oat drink, flax seeds, chia seeds, lemon grate and the chopped dates. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and then add it to the food processor together with: the peeled bananas and the lemon juice. Blend until everything has turned into a smooth substance. Pour into the bowl with the Coco Start mixture and stir until everything is well blend together.
4. Take an empty big bowl and mix together all the dry ingredients. Then pour in the mixture form the medium sized bowl into the big bowl. Stir again until everything is well mixed.
5. Cut the banana (to decorate) in half lengthwise. Move the batter into the prepared cake tin and put the banana halves on top, flat side looking up.
6. Place the cake tin into the oven for around 60-80 minutes, until golden brown. Lift the cake out of the tin by pulling it up with the parchment paper sides, sticking out. Place it on an oven rack, if the banana bread stays firm in shape, it’s done. Otherwise it might need another 10 minutes in the oven.
*The sticky vegan banana bread can be kept in the fridge for 6 days, if packed airtight.