Duration: 50 min
(prep time 20 min - cook time 30 min
- Soak the cashews overnight in cool water (preferably), or in very hot water for at least 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the peppers and the tomatoes on the baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil on top and slide into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Put a frying pan and a grill pan on the stove on low to medium heat, to preheat. Also put a pan with water on the stove and bring to a boil (for the lasagne pasta).
- Add some olive oil to the preheated frying pan and fry the onion for around 4 minutes.
- In the meantime grease the grill pan with olive oil and grill the zucchini, for around 4 minutes on each side.
- Then add the leaves of both the thyme and rosemary and the garlic to the frying pan. Fry for another 3 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the frying pan and lower heat. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Put the lasagne pasta into the pan with boiling water, with a teaspoon of olive oil to keep the lasagne from sticking together. Cook for around 8 min, or until al dente.
- Rinse the soaked cashew nuts with water and then put them into a food processor with the Coco Start, the nutritional yeast and blend until smooth.
- When all the elements are ready, start layering on each plate with the tomato sauce, lasagna, a layer of zucchini and roasted bell pepper, lasagna, a layer of tomato sauce, another lasagna layer and last but not least: a layer of your luscious cashew-Coco Start topping. Who needs cheese anyway?
- Dress with roasted cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and fresh basil.