Ingredients Pancakes (serves 2):
Duration: 50 min
(prep time 20 min - cooking time 30 min)
- Grind the rolled oats in the food processor. Put a saucepan on the stove and melt the coconut oil.
- Put a frying pan on low heat to preheat.
- Take a big bowl, add and stir well together: the grinded oats, spelt flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, almond milk, coconut oil and a pinch of salt.
- Now scoop the baking soda on top of the mixture in the bowl, followed by the apple cider vinegar. YAY... it’s going to bubble: that’s what is supposed to happen though! :-) Stir again to mix everything well.
- Melt some coconut oil in the frying pan and scoop in some batter for two small pancakes. You might need to put the heat a bit higher: somewhere between low and medium heat. Turn the pancakes if golden brown on one side and bake for around one minute on the other side. Keep on going until you are out of batter.
- Dress some Abbot Kinney’s Almond Start on a nice plate with a spoon and stack the pancakes. Put the sliced banana on top and follow with the almond flakes and the blueberries. Add maple syrup to taste and garnish with some mint leaves.
* Make sure the baking soda is fresh and not older than a month, otherwise the batter might not bubble and your pancakes will not be fluffy.